Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

Well. I just have to say that I am FLLLLLLIIIIIIIPPPIIIINNNNNGGGGG out excited to talk to you guys. I havent been this excited for something in a LONG time. I think I am more excited this time than the other two times. Idk porque but for reals its gonna be great to see you all and talk to you guys again! Plus the goodbye wont even be sad because next week I start my last transfer so we will all be seein each other soon enough.

Well. Where to start. This week has been different than I would have expected. Omar didnt get baptized. I wish I could explain the crazy feelings and thoughts that have been running through my heart and my mind. It was kinda hard on saturday. He has been an amazing investigator and he was so dang set on baptism. He had his interview, tried on his baptismal clothes, we went to see him EVERY DAY to make sure he was ok. But ONE little thing made it all blow up. He didnt tell his girlfriend. And she is pretty controling, so by the time he told her the DAY BEFORE she flipped out and it all came crashing down. It was sad to see how so much progress and faith and happiness could be forgotten in the blink of an eye. So saturday my companion and I kneeled together in a little room after a meeting we had with the whole mission and we asked for the lords help and comfort before calling omar to hear his final decision and when he said no we just tried to put a smile on and jump on the metro back to our sector to work. So we didnt talk about it much nor did I let myself think about it too much because I didnt want to get desanimated (unmotivated? idk what the word is) but sunday night I was thinking and I couldnt help but think of Mario, my first investigator that got baptized in the other mission and how heartbroken I was to see him turn away from all he had experienced and learned as well. And idk it was cool because I just felt such a profound love and concern for mario and omar that I knelt down in my bed with the lights off and prayed for both of them, I started the prayer feeling a little sad and a little bit like all of our efforts were worthless because what do we have to show for it? But as I prayed I felt a great calm and comfort come over me and I knew that Heavenly father was very much aware of Mario and Omar and that he has a plan for them, he knows what satan will do to try to stop it and he knows how to help each of his children come back. I felt very strongly that Heavenly Father was very aware and grateful for what I had been able to do for them. Even if I leave my mission and neither one is active in the church I felt very strongly that I along with my companions had been able to touch and change their lives in a way that will help them for the rest of their lives, and that one day they will return. Whether it be while Im here on my mission or no, Omar AND Mario are gonna come back. It was a really cool experience. I havent felt such strong promptings from the Lord in a loooong time. I cried the whole time. Im so grateful for a heavenly father that knows us and speaks to us personally. :)

So please pray lots for omar this week. I cant ask you to fast for him because it says I can in the manual misional so I wont...... but if you decided on your own that you wanted to do that this fast sunday Im just saying I wouldnt be opposed....

Well. Other than that we are starting something SUPER COOL in the sudameria sur area. We are only reporting 2 key indicators 1) baptisms and confirmations and 2) total sacrament meeting attendance. So we had a really cool meeting about it and why we were doing it  and I am really excited because it just changes your focus to a higher level of thinking and it puts your efforts and thoughts to where they need to be. Hard to explain but its gonna be really cool Im really excited. 

Well I gotta go but Ill be talking to you all soon enough! Im happy and doing well, Im so grateful for this wonderful sector and the wonderful people we are working with. Even though we had a bit of a dissapointing saturday we saw so many miracles with other investigators afterwards so I know that God is taking care of me and my comp and we are gonna be doing great! Sorry not gonna be, we ARE doing great :) :)

With love, 

Kyrstin Millett

District and Zone Picture


 Divisions!

Cookies with Javiera and Maria our investigators (we were gonna make them for the baptism...........but that didnt happen. so we took them around to investigators to make their day)


 pic of some of my favorite graffiti in the sector. Puente Alto is FULL of graffiti, gotta love it

No comments:

Post a Comment