Monday, February 2, 2015

Last P Day Letter!

Well. Its my last pday letter. Can you believe it? Man the time has really flown by. 

Its been a wonderful week. Ive been super happy and have been so blessed to see so many miracles and tender mercies this week. 

So I guess for my last letter Id just like to share a few of the things Ive learned over the last year and a half. I could share soooooooo much but I dont have time nor can I remember it all at the moment but here are just a few things I have learned or come to know over this last year and a half:

Miracles Happen. And not just small ones but HUGE ones too. And they dont just happen every once in a while but ALL THE TIME. I think yesterday without even trying to look for more I could count 5 or 6 big miracles. Countless times Ive had random promptings that put you in the exact place at the exact time to meet just the right person. Ive seen people show up to church out of nowhere. Ive been protected from danger in kinda freaky situations and Ive just seen so many things that help me know that God exists, and He is a God of miracles. 

The power of fasting. Ive been fasting almost weekly for the past 5 months or so. I dont think Ive ever seen the Lord so involved in my life before. He has always been there but I dont think I realized how ready and willing he was to help me as soon as I was willing to show a little faith. 

God loves us and cares about the details. From Elder Holland coming as an answer to prayers, to a giant christmas tree to make me feel right at home, to little comments that someone makes that was just what I needed. God has always shown me how intimately aware he is of every detail in my life. But it never ceases to surprise me. 

The atonement is a real thing that is applicable in so many different ways. I never knew or really realized that the atonement isnt just for repentance, but also for strength to move forward, help to change bad habits, time to do more good than is physically possible, healing to be able to forgive and forget, and sooooo many more things. Its a really amazing gift that we can take advantage of every day!

The temple. I just love it. What more can I say. Who knew that you could learn so much about it and come to love it so much by only going 1 time a year. 

People can change. I have changed. Im like a lot the same but a LOT different. If the mission has done anything for me it has showed me my weaknesses and helped me get over a lot of them.... and sometimes thats hard. But man Im so grateful for a Heavenly Father who cares enough to helps me to see my weaknesses and become a better person. 

God loves his missionaries. What can I say more? God loves and spoiles his missionaries. Ive been so so so dang lucky to serve here in this mission. I love this gospel and I have come to know it more. I know this church is the Church of JESUS CHRIST here on the earth. That is HUGE! I am so happy and so blessed and all of that comes as a result of the restored Church of Jesus Christ here on the earth. If anyone reading this is thinking about a mission and not sure about it. All I can say is. Do it. Its hard. Its humbling. But its SO WORTH IT. 

I love you all and Ill see you next week. Take care!

Hermana Kyrstin Millett


Mal I got your package! Thanks for the yummy food!

Us with sweet Rosita Bisquertt








Sorry the pics this week are reeeaaallly attractive. 

Crazy pic with rosa.... but I dont think she got the memo

My giant completo that I ate at 10:30 at night...... bad idea


 Pics with more completos and some of the hermanas that we spent our last pday with



 Me and Hna Clawson. Gonna miss her :(
 Hermana Todesco (She lived with us for like 3 weeks)

Hermanas Cook and Tingey (More friends from divisions and past zones)



2 comments: