Monday, January 12, 2015

A Tough Week and a Good Week!

Well. What to say what to say. WHAT THE HECK! Im sooooooooooooooo wierd

So this week Ive been feeling the attacks of the adversary. He tried REALLY hard to get me down this week. So then the whole craziness of mal coming home didnt necessarily help but I want you all to know that Im doing JUST FINE. Im happy, healthy, and not too trunky. 

Overall Ive really been able to see the Lords hand in my life as the weeks are winding down. Because everytime I start feeling down, or thoughts of home invade my mind I have the wonderful power of prayer to help me. And the Lord who has blessed me to be so stinking busy that I dont have time to think about anything else. I think on thursday I was feeling kinda down and just not very good because we had a lesson with two people we had contacted a few weeks before and as hard as we tried to keep the spirit and humbly bear testimony of what we know the two ladies we were teaching just attacked us, our testimonies, our beliefs, our lives, etc. It was really really sad. It was like the worst lesson I think Ive been in in my entire mission. I was trying to think of how to get out or how to help them feel the spirit when my sweet companion just bore her testimony and told them that it was obvious that we didnt agree on many things and that we werent that maybe it would be better if we left. So I bore my testimony and we left. But we left with such a sad feeling because the spirit was just not there. So we went back to the apartment to finish studying and pray to get the spirit back. I was really struggling and feeling not good after that lesson so I prayed really hard that the Lord would guide me with the spirit and help me forget myself and go to work and it was amazing. We literally stepped out the door and from then on we were literally RUNNING from one appointment to the next. We found some really prepared people, taught some great lessons and really saw miracles. I came back seriously just FULL of joy. I fell asleep with a big fat smile on my face. Its amazing how God can turn a day around. 

On friday I went to pirque on divisions its just fields and cows and mountains and prettiness. Then hermana Clawson called me and told me to call Francisco Sanchez. That got me freaking out. So he told me mal would be going home on Sunday. I was a little wierded out, and it was hard not having my comp to talk about it with, she is really good at understanding me and helping me or letting me talk through things. But it was all good, I had a great time in pirque and I saw the stars for the first time in sooooo long. Here you can see like 10 or 20, in pocuro you could see like 1. But pirque was really really pretty. 

Sunday started off kinda hard. We thought we were gonna have 10 investigators in the capilla. We had members set up to go get them and it was all gonna be GREAT. We ran all over the sector trying to pass by for people, call those who were supposed to come, etc, and by the time sacrament meeting rolled around 0 investigators. And that happens. More often than not. But I was pretty tired and a little sad thinking of all that was going on on the other side of the world..... So we got home and I hadnt said anything to my companion about it but man. Can I just tell you. God gives us companions for a reason. Im so so so grateful to be with hermana Clawson for these last few months of my mission. Ive never met a better missionary. and she is a great friend. So after our studies we knelt down to pray before leaving to teach and I think she prayed for like 15 min. And like 10 minutes of that was for me. She prayed that Id feel ok that Id be able to be happy and focus and a million things.And we got up and went to work. And again we literally ran to every visit and we had some amazing lessons with new families that are so receptive. I really felt the Lords hand when I was giving my testimony of the first vision and I looked around at the family sitting in front of me and listening to this message and I just realized HOW FREAKING LUCKY AM I? HOW MANY PEOPLE GET TO DO THIS? I had been feeling sad to not be there with all of you guys but in that moment I just felt bad that you guys couldnt be here doing THIS. There is not a greater work on this earth. There is no greater priviledge than to be a representative of Jesus Christ and Lucky me. I have 4 weeks left to represent this church and my Savior. What an amazing blessing. so after that. Ive been ridiculously happy. Im doing GREAT. 

Well. I have other people to write and stuff to do, but I love you all. I hope you have a great week. Please pray for me to be able to work work work and not worry about anything else. I love you all! I love this work. and I love my Heavenly father and His Son Jesus Christ. 

With love,

Kyrstin Millett. 

I went on divisions to Pirque, the sector in "el campo" this week. It was gorgeous and nice to get a breath of fresh air. 







No comments:

Post a Comment